Sunday, August 16, 2009

Julie, Julia and Me

Last night I went to see a new movie out called Julie and Julia. If you are a foodie then this is a must see. It is an inspirational movie to those of us who love to cook. I didn't grow up watching Julia Child but I was well aware of who she was in cooking world. Meryl Streep did a fabulous job playing the very unique and outgoing Julia. The characters were funny, the storyline unique and the food was fabulous. You want to go home and cook or at the very least run out and buy Julia's cookbook.


However, this movie also encouraged me to return to my food blog. Julie Powell played by Amy Adams, the other half of this entertaining movie, blogs her way through Julia's cookbook, testing 524 recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Her blogging reminded me why I started this blog in the first place. She loved food, the process of creating a new dish and her thrill in sharing it with the world. I have been away for awhile busy with my other blog at http://www.thearmchairgenealogist.com/.


I have been busy these past few months in the kitchen as well. So with the inspiration of Julie and Julia behind me I'm back to blogging about the world of food as it passes through my kitchen and community. If you get an opportunity to see this movie, let me know what you think. What's your favourite french dish? Mine: Coq au Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment